Holiday Accommodation Businesses
EV charge point grants available
There are many more EVs on the road and numbers are growing fast. Drivers are seeking out overnight charge points, especially on holiday. Install EV charging at your sites, to encourage greener living and appeal to a wider client base. Widen the offer for your environmentally aware guests.
Good news! Grant funding is now available to help with the installation costs. This scheme now covers holiday lets with dedicated off-street parking. The aim is to boost EV charging in rural areas and ensure peace of mind when drivers travel outside of cities.
Eligibility for small accommodation businesses
- You are a registered business use your Companies House reference number. (Or apply by using your VAT registration number or HMRC registration letter).
- You have dedicated off-street parking for guests.
- You own the property or have consent from the landlord for charge points to be installed at all the sites listed in the application.
An accommodation business is categorised as having 249 employees (staff) or less. Using the Standard Industrial Classification (SIC) codes, this includes:
- 5510: hotels and similar accommodation
- 5520: holiday and other short-stay accommodation
- 5530: camping grounds, recreational vehicle parks and trailer parks
Circular Systems are fully authorised to install under the grant funding scheme and work with most of the manufactures installing all over the south west.
Typical costs (per charger):
- Grant contribution: £350 (zero VAT)
- Cost to you: £650-£850 (inc VAT)
This provides a 7Kw charger (maximum for most domestic supplies). This is enough to charge an electric vehicle from empty to full overnight for an approximate cost of £18.
How to charge your customers
- Add a fee to their booking per night. For example, an additional £15-20 per night for EV charging or
- Add a billing system to the charger where customers scan a QR code and are directly billed for the electricity used. This system can be set up based on the price per Kw the homeowner is paying for their electricity. No administration required. System rental fee of £80 per annum.
We install charge points in Devon and the surrounding areas, including Bude, Bideford, Barnstaple, Croyde, Woolacombe, Ilfracombe, Lynton, Minehead, South Molton, Exeter, Tiverton, Exmouth, Torquay and Plymouth.
Contact us to discuss your requirements and be a step closer to greener living.